Wednesday 8 September 2010

Writers Delight!


Fashion & beauty journalist Eve Wagstaff dishes the dirt as a journalist for Blackhair magazine.

I found that from an early age I was interested in journalism as I was always writing short stories. Later on in my life, I then did a fashion and textiles course degree which I found really insightful and fun. I really wanted to get into fashion and beauty as I felt it was my strongest point and then pursued a career from it.

After my degree I had completed a NUJ course and then went to the London College of Fashion where I studied Introduction to Fashion Journalism. Since then I've completed several work placements for a while, built on that and came to Blackhair magazine.

One of the best things about being a fashion and beauty journalist is that I'm able to write about things that I'm interested in and love as this enables me to share my passion with readers. It really is a lot of fun writing about hair, beauty and interviewing celebrities. Everyday there's something new to do.

I feel that people should know that journalism is a competitive industry to get into and that you should keep on persevering and not give up. Don't be put off if you don't hear back from employers, you should know what you want as people can pick up on it; overall just go for it.

http://www.balckhairmagazine.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment